Student Parking at MHS
The 2022-2023 School Year Parking Permit application will open August 15th. We will accept applications from August 15th through August 24th.
Permit Applications for the 2022-2023 year will open 9 a.m. August 15 through 11:59pm August 24th. Please click here to apply for the Parking Permit Application. Students will receive notification via their school email regarding the status of their application by August 30th. As a reminder, permits are issued based on our pool process - not on a first come, first served basis. We are unable to prioritize individual permits for students based on schedules, activities, or living out of district.
Parking Pool Information
For the 2022-2023 school year, we will prioritize permit distribution through a pool process. The process is outlined below. The cost for the permits is $300. per carpool. Our Carpools are:
- Pool 1: 4 licensed Junior and/or Senior drivers**
- Pool 2: 3 licensed Junior and/or Senior drivers**
- Pool 3: 2 licensed Junior and/or Senior drivers**
- Pool 4: Senior Individual (if available)
**New this year-The parking permit process only counts Junior and Senior students with their drivers license as of September 1st as carpools members for a designated pool.
At MHS, carpooling is the key to success for parking, as we rely on this system to maximize the number of students we can accommodate. Students that make arrangements to carpool are prioritized as we distribute permits. Many of our students are heavily involved in activities at MHS and have unique schedules. We have a limited number of parking spaces and carpooling allows us to optimize the use of our lot. We are unable to prioritize individual permits for students based on schedules, activities, or living out of district.
Parking Permit Distribution
To expedite the process:
- Bring your Driver's License
- Pay all fines in Skyward/Fee management
- Pay your Permit Fee in Skyward/Fee management
*or bring Check, cash or credit card
Distribution will be in front of the Bursar’s Office at MHS. If students are unable to pick up an assigned parking permit, they may do so during the first week of school. All Drivers must show Drivers License, all fees must be paid, and all overdue materials must be brought in before receiving your permit. If the permit is not picked up during the first week of school, the permit will be reassigned.
The School district does provide transportation based on the criteria and information on the district’s transportation website: Minnetonka School District Transportation website.
Parking PERMIT Information
Students with Parking Permits need to follow these requirements:
- Park in the GREEN lot (west side of MHS) or the student portion of the Red lot .
- Always display your permit
Violations* for parking include:
- Not displaying your Parking Permit.
- Parking in the staff lots(purple,orange,blue) or first 3 rows of the red lot (closest to frontage rd).
- Parking in visitor or volunteer parking -these are marked with signs.
- Parking on the grass, curb or making your own spot. Blocking the aisles.
- Parking at Pagel Activity Center- it is separate from MHS. Cars can be ticketed/ towed from Pagel.
*These rules apply to all permit holders
Parking violations will be issued daily. If a student was issued a parking permit, but the permit is not displayed and/or the student is parked where they shouldn’t be, fees will be assessed:
- 1 ticket $10
- 2 Ticket $20
- 3 Ticket $30 + Parking Detention
- 4 Ticket $40 + All carpool participants Lose Permit for 1 week
DAILY PASS Parking
If you would like to purchase a daily pass, use this link https://minnetonka.revtrak.net/
- Passes are $5 per day
- Students can buy up to 2 Daily Parking Passes per week
- Daily Parking passes are only good for parking in the LOWER lot by the football field/dome
- (yellow on the map). Parking in any other lot will result in a ticket.
- You do not need to put anything in your car to display. Your name, license plate number and vehicle information (from your online purchase) will be given to our parking attendant.
- If you provide wrong or incomplete vehicle information, you may receive a ticket.
- Daily Passes are available for purchase on Fridays at 12:00pm the week before they are needed.
If a student is parked on campus and was not issued a permit and did not purchase a Daily Parking Pass, or is parked where they shouldn’t be, the fees are:
- 1 ticket $20
- 2 tickets $30
- 3 tickets* $40 + Boot Car (+$25)/ Parking Detention
- 4 tickets** $40 + Your car can be towed at your expense
If you receive a ticket on your car, check Skyward for the fine. It may not show up in your account for 48 hours. Tickets can be paid in person at the bursar or online via Skyward/Fee Management.
*If you are repeatedly parking in the MHS lot without a permit, and we do not have your car registered, we may boot it. The removal fee is $25. in addition to any tickets you were issued previously.
**If you repeatedly receive tickets in the MHS lot your car may be towed at your expense.
Please contact Mary Jean Watras at email@example.com if you have questions.