Section 504 Evaluation Procedures
Parents, teachers, students, school staff, and/or community agencies may make a referral for 504 evaluation. Building 504 staff give parents Notice of Procedural Safeguards and Section 504 Student Referral.
After the referral is received and reviewed, the 504 Team notifies parent/guardian which of the following actions will be taken by the school:
- Continue with current programming
- Implement recommended interventions
- Conduct a 504 evaluation
- Refer for Special Education assessment
- Request additional information or evidence
If a 504 evaluation will be proposed, school will provide the Consent for Evaluation form. The evaluation cannot proceed without signed consent.
After receiving signed consent, school staff complete Evaluation Summary and Eligibility Determination in a timely manner*. Eligibility Determination may be one of the following:
- The student does not have a disability, as defined under Section 504
- The student is eligible for protection under Section 504, but does not currently require program changes (a 504 Plan)
- The student is eligible for protections under Section 504 AND needs program changes (a 504 Plan) to ensure non-discrimination
Parent(s) or guardian(s) are provided with the Evaluation Summary and Eligibility Determination and 504 Plan, where applicable. Note: Although no team meeting is required, parent/guardian may request a meeting.
Authorization for Release of Information
Questions, or Concerns
If disagreements occur regarding Section 504 evaluation, eligibility, or services, please contact your child’s building 504 Coordinator (with a link to the contact info on the website). Refer to your procedural safeguards and Grievance protocols for more information.
*Please Note: Section 504 regulations do not provide timeframes for completing student evaluations. OCR uses state guidelines to determine if evaluations have been done in a timely manner, which is typically 30 to 45 days after referral.
Always contact your school 504 coordinator first. You can find their contact information to the left. You may also contact your school's principal.
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let's Talk.